Polysaccharides ofEremurus. XV. Structure of the glucomannan ofEremurus lactiflorus
Ten oligosaccharides have been isolated from the products of the partial hydrolysis of a native acetylated glucomannan obtained fromEremurus lactiflorus O. Fedtsch. Their structures have been studied with the aid of acid hydrolysis before and after reduction with NaBH4, by the GLC method, and also by chromatography with markers. The compositions and sequence of the monomers in tetra- and heptaoligo-saccharides have been determined by the13C NMR method. The glucommannan ofE. lactiflorus differs from theEremurus glucomannans studied previously by the ratio of monosaccharides, the presence of 0-Ac groups, the degree of polymerization, and the presence of a cellobiose unit (Glcp-Glcp) in the polymer chain. The repeating unit consists of 14 hexose residues.
KeywordsOligosaccharide Mannose Paper Chromatography Partial Hydrolysis Glucomannan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Dzhumamuratova, D. A. Rakhimov, and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 604 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Dzhumamuratova, D. A. Rakhimov, and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 767 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Dzhumamuratova, D. A. Rakhimov, A. S. Shashkov, and E. S. Kondratenko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 14 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Usui, N. Yamaoka, K. Matsuda, K. Tuzimura, H. Sugiyama, and S. Seto, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. I, 2425 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.V. D. Shcherbukhin, N. K. Shcherbukhina, and B. N. Stepanenko, Rast. Res.,12, No. 4, 559 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.M. I. Igamberdieva, D. A. Rakhimov, and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 189 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.I. M. Hais and K. Macek, Paper Chromatography, 3rd edn., Academic Press, New York (1963).Google Scholar