Structure of synaptogenin B — An artefactual aglycone of glycosides from the holothurianSynapta maculata
- 37 Downloads
The structure of the previously unknown synaptogenin B, the main product of the acid hydrolysis of the triterpene oligosides synaptosides S-2 and S-3 from the holothurianSynapta maculata has been established. To prove the structure, diketones were obtained from synaptogenin B and the known stichopogenin, and their identity was shown on the basis of1H NMR and mass spectra. Synaptogenin B is a 3β-hydroxyholost-9(11)-en-23-one. It has been shown that holost-9(11)-en-3β-o1 is formed as minor component in the acid hydrolysis of the synaptosides.
KeywordsGlycoside Acid Hydrolysis Oleanolic Acid Triterpene Glycoside Pacific Ocean Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. M. Sheikh and C. Djerassi, Chem. Commun., 1057 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.G. K. Oleinikova, T. A. Kuznetsova, N. S. Ivanova, N. V. Rovnykh, A. I. Kalinovskii, and G. B. Elyakov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 464 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.G. B. Elyakov, V. A. Stonik, Sh. Sh. Afiyatullov, A. I. Kalinovskii, V. F. Sharypov, and L. Ya. Korotkikh, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,259, 1367 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Kalinovskii, V. F. Sharypov, V. A. Stonik, A. K. Dzizenko, and G. B. Elyakov, Bioorg. Khim.,6, No. 1, 86 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Stonik, V. F. Sharypov, A. I. Kalnovskii, and G. B. Elyakov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,245, No. 5, 1133 (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.S. G. Il'in, V. F. Sharypov, V. A. Stonik, G. V. Malinovskaya, N. I. Uvarova, G. B. Elyakov, M. Yu. Antipin, and Yu. G. Struchkov, All-Union Conference on Organic Crystal Chemistry and Session of the Crystal Chemistry Section on the Problem of the Structure and Composition of Polymetallic Organometallic Compounds [in Russian], Chernogolovka (1981).Google Scholar