Quantitative determination of flavonoids inSpartium junceum
- 54 Downloads
A procedure has been developed for the quantitative spectrophotometric determination of benzo-γ-pyrone derivatives in weavers' broom which is based on the hydrolysis of an ethanolic extract of the raw material and the chromatographic isolation of the hydrolysis products followed by the recalculation of the flavonoid content to the predominating components — luteolin and genistein. The fairly high flavonoid content (4.2%) permits this species to be recommended as a new source of this class of biologically active substances.
KeywordsFlavonoid Genistein Flavone Isoflavones Broom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. I. Ozimina, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 857 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.I. I. Ozimina, A. L. Kazakov, and V. A. Bandyukova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 858 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Belikov and M. S. Shraiber, Farmatsiya,1, 66 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.A. B. Dmitriev and A. L. Kazakov, Khim.-Farmats. Zh.,12, 90 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Fetkullina and T. I. Bulenkov, Farmatsiya,2, 42 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.L. K. Klyshev, V. A. Bandyukova, and L. S. Alyukina, Plant Flavonoids [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1978), p. 218.Google Scholar