Lipids of cottonseed kernels
The free, bound, and strongly bound lipids of the seed kernels of the cotton plant of variety 108-F have been studied. It has been shown that the free and bound lipids include 97.3% and 47.6% of neutral lipids, respectively. The polar lipids consist mainly of phospholipids and glycolipids. Two groups of glycolipids — sterol glycosides and glycosylglycerides — have been isolated and their compositions have been determined.
KeywordsPolar Lipid Neutral Lipid Cotton Plant Ricinoleic Acid Seed Kernel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Handbook of Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Leningrad, Book 1 (1967), p. 197.Google Scholar
- 5.R. S. Bhatty and B. G. Rossnagel, Cereal Chem.,57, 382 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.Kh. S. Mukhamedova and S. T. Akramov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 128 (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.C. C. Lai and E. Varriano-Marston, Cereal Chem.,57, 271 (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.A. S. El-Nockrashy and Y. El-Shattory, Rev. Fr. Corps. Gras.,19, 13 (1972).Google Scholar
- 13.L. D. Bergel'son, É. V. Dyatlovitskaya, Yu. G. Molotkovskii, S. G. Batrakov, L. I. Barsukov, and N. V. Prokazova, The Preparative Biochemistry of Lipids [in Russian], Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 14.N. K. Kochetkov, I. G. Zhukova, and I. S. Glukhoded, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,139, 608 (1961).Google Scholar
- 16.S. G. Yunusova, I. P. Nazarova, S. D. Gusakova, and A. I. Glushenkova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 323 (1980).Google Scholar
- 17.N. T. Ul'chenko, É. I. Gigienova, K. L. Seitanidi, and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 699 (1978).Google Scholar