Improved method for synthesis of substituted tetraphenylporphins
- 115 Downloads
Condensation of pyrrole with benzaldehydes in a mixture of xylene and chloroacetic acid gives a series of substituted tetraphenylporphins with yields exceeding the yields of porphyrins synthesized according to known preparative methods.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Porphyrin Xylene Pyrrole Benzaldehyde
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. D. Berezin, Coordination Compounds of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanine [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978), p. 280.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Treibs and N. Haberle, Liebigs Ann. Chem.,718, 183 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.A. D. Adler, F. R. Longo, J. D. Finarelli, J. Goldmacher, J. Assour, and B. Korsakoff, J. Org. Chem.,32, 476 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Datta-Gupta and F. Bardos, J. Heterocycl. Chem.,3, 495 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.F. R. Longo, M. G. Finarelli, and J. B. Kim. J. Heterocycl. Chem.,6, 927 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.A, D. Adler, L. Sklar, and F. R. Longo, J. Heterocycl. Chem.,5, 669 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Semeikin, O. I. Koifman, and B. D. Berezin, USSR, Inventor 's. Certificate No. 1,118,642; Byull. Izobret., No. 38, 68 (1984).Google Scholar