Crystalline and molecular structures of the alkaloid delcosine
- 44 Downloads
The molecular and crystalline structures of the diterpene alkaloid delcosine (iliensine) have been investigated by x-ray structural analysis. It has been confirmed that the OH group in ring A is located at C(1) and has the α orientation. The rings in the molecule have the following conformations: A, B, and D — boat; C and F — envelope; E — chain. The ring linkages are: A/B — trans; A/E — cis; B/C — cis; B/D — cis; B/F — cis. The conformations and linkages of the rings are identical with those observed in lycoctonine.
KeywordsBoat Conformation Isoquinoline Alkaloid Main Plane Total Metabolite Anticholin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. S. Yunusov, V. E. Nezhevenko, and S. Yu. Yunusov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 107 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.S. W. Pelletier, O. D. Dailey, and N. V. Mody, J. Org. Chem.,46, 3286 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.International Tables for X-Ray Crystallography, Kynoch Press, Birmingham, Vol. III (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Karimov and M. G. Shamierashvili, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 335 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.B. Tashkhodzhaev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 230 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Andrianov, Z. Sh. Safina, and B. L. Tarnopol'skii, Zh. Strukt. Khim.,15, 911 (1974).Google Scholar