Sesquiterpene lactones fromArtemisia taurica
The mother liquor fromArtemisia taurica Willd., after the isolation of tauremisin and mibulactone, has yielded by fractional chromatography a new sesquiterpene lactone-taurin, C15H20O3, with mp 118–119° C (from ethanol), [α] D 19 -120° (c 5.0; ethanol). The structure (I) is proposed for it.
KeywordsTaurin Lactone Picrate Sesquiterpene Lactone Hydroxylamine Hydrochloride
- 1.K. S. Rybalko, A. I. Ban'kovskii, and M. E. Perel'son, Med. prom. SSSR, no. 10, 21, 1960.Google Scholar
- 2.K. S. Rybalko and L. Doleys, Coll. Czechosl. Chem. Communs, 2909, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.K. S. Rybalko, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds], 1, 142, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.H. E. Miller, H. B. Kagan, W. Renold, and T. J. Mabry, Tetrah. Let., no. 38, 3397, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.W. G. Dauben, J. S. P. Schwarz, W. K. Hayes and P. D. Hance, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., no. 9, 2239, 1960.Google Scholar