A study of the alkaloids ofSaussurea salsa andS. elegans
- 22 Downloads
1. In the extraction ofS. salsa andS. elegans, the condensation of the neutral substances with ammonia takes place with the formation of products of a basic nature.
2. FromS. elegans a new alkaloid elegantine C23H29O5N has been obtained the saponification of which has given tyramine and a sesquiterpene lactone.
KeywordsAlkaloid Lactone Sodium Carbonate Tyramine Basic Nature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ch. S. Kailast, N. S. Vishwa, and S. Salimurzman, J. Sci. and Ind. Res., 9B,11, 1950.Google Scholar
- 3.L. E. Kushnir, A. D. Kuzovkov, and K. K. Pivnitskii, IX-th International Conference on General and Applied Chemistry [Russian version], Moscow, no. 4, p. 155, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Romanuk, V. Herout, and F. Soma, Coll.,21, 849, 1956.Google Scholar