Metabolites of the pathogenic fungus Verticillium dahliae VII. The phytotoxic pigment PKZh-1 from the culture liquid
The phytotoxic pigment PKZh-1 that causes the characteristic symptoms of wilt in tests on cotton-plant shoots in a concentration of 100–150 µg/ml, has been isolated from the culture liquid of the fungusVerticillium dahliae Kleb.
On the basis of qualitative reaction, spectral characteristics, and a study of hydrolysis products, PKZh-1 has been assigned to the peptide group. A red substance identified as 3,6,8-trihydroxy-1,4-naphthaquinone has been isolated from an acid hydrolyzate of PKZh-1.
KeywordsCulture Liquid Glycopeptide Cotton Plant Caustic Soda Peptide Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. K. S. Wood, A. Ballio, and A. Graniti, Phytotoxins in Plant Diseases, Academic Press, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.L. I. Chepenko, G. I. Borodin, L. N. Ten, V. I. Runov, O. S. Otroshchenko, and A. S. Sadykov, in: The Ecology and Physiology of Microorganisms, Algae, and Aquatic Plants [in Russian], Tashkent (1973), p. 17.Google Scholar
- 3.L. I. Chepenko, G. I. Borodin, L. N. Ten, A. Kh. Sharipov, O. S. Otroshchenko, V. I. Runov, and A. S. Sadykov, Uzb. Biol. Zh., No. 2, 8 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.D. K. Asamov, R. Kh. Tursunkulova, P. I. Isaev, O. S. Otroshchenko, and N. N. Stepanichenko, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 670 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.O. S. Otroshshenko, A. S. Sadykov, et al., Fourth Indo — Soviet Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Products including Pharmacology. Abstracts, Lucknow (1976), B 28.Google Scholar
- 6.B. D. Astill and J. C. Roberts, J. Chem. Soc., 3302 (1953).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Bell, R. D. Stipanovic, and J. E. Puhalla, Tetrahedron, 1353 (1976).Google Scholar