Coumarin composition of Seseli grandivittatum
- 41 Downloads
From the roots ofSeseli grandivittatum, together with β-sitosterol and (−)-3′R-decursinol, found in nature for the first time, and its angelate, we have isolated two new compounds which we have called grandivittin and grandivittinol.
On the basis of IR, PMR, and mass spectra and chemical transformations, the structure of 3′-senecioyloxy-3′,4′-dihydro-3′R-xanthyletin is proposed for grandivittin, and 7-hydroxy-6-(3′-hydroxy-2′-senecioyloxyisopentyl) coumarin for grandivittinol.
KeywordsCoumarin Acetic Anhydride Alkaline Hydrolysis Sodium Carbonate Solution Acetyl Derivative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Grossgeim, Flora of the Caucasus [in Russian] (1967), p. 88.Google Scholar
- 2.T. R. Seshardi and J. Vishwapaul, J. Sci. Ind. Res.,32, 227 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.B. E. Nielsen, Dansk Tidsskr. Farm.,44, 111 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Lemmich and B. E. Nielsen, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 1, 3 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.D. G. Turabelidze and É. P. Kemertelidze, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 536 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Hata and K. Sano, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 14, 1461 (1966).Google Scholar