Metabolites of the pathogenic fungus Verticillium dahliae VI. Pentaketide metabolites and neutral lipids of virulent and avirulent strains
A comparative study of the amounts of the phytotoxic pigment PKZh-1 and of extracellular and intracellular lipids in five strains and mutants ofVerticillium dahliae differing in virulence and in the nonpathogenic fungusV. lateritium has been made. A definite correlation has been found between virulence and PKZh-1 content.
It has been established that the extracellular lipids are produced in considerable amounts by the virulent strains while in the avirulent mutants and inV. lateritium they are absent or present in only very small amount. The contents of neutral lipids in the mycelia of strains and mutants differing in virulence do not differ significantly. There are definite differences in the compositions of the neutral lipids and in the fatty-acid compositions of the individual classes of lipids.
From the culture liquid of one of the avirulent strains (R-196), 3,6,8-trihydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydronaphthalen-1-one has been isolated.
KeywordsNeutral Lipid Avirulent Strain Phytotoxic Metabolite Fungus Verticillium Dahliae Avirulent Mutant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. S. Otroshchenko, A. S. Sadykov, S. Z. Mukhamedzhanov, S. L. Komarevtsev, and N. N. Stepanichenko, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 779 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.D. K. Asamov, R. Kh. Tursunkulova, P. I. Isaev, O. S. Otroshchenko, and N. N. Stepanichenko, Khim. Prirodn Soedin., 670 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Kh. Tursunkulova, D. K. Asamov, O. S. Otroshchenko, and N. N. Stepanichenko, Uzb. Biol. Zh., No. 4, 73 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Sadykov, O. S. Otroshchenko, S. Z. Mukhamedzhanov, N. N. Stepanichenko, A. A. Tyshchenko, F. G. Kamaev, and S. L. Komarevtsev, Khim. Priordn. Soedin., 453 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Stepanichenko, S. D. Gusakova, A. A. Tyshchenko, S. Z. Mukhamedzhanov, A. U. Umarov, and O. S. Otroshchenko, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 431 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Kas'yanenko, L. G. Portenko, and E. A. Gor'kovtseva, Dokl. Akad. Nauk TadzhSSR,19, No. 5, 52 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.O. S. Otroshtshenko and A. S. Sadykov, et al., Fourth Indo-Soviet Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Products Including Pharmacology, Abstracts, Lucknow (1976), B 28.Google Scholar