Oligosaccharides ofSaponaria officinalis
- 30 Downloads
It has been found that the roots ofSaponaria officinalis L. contain three oligosaccharides.
Two of them have been isolated: gentiobiose and the pentasaccharide saponarose. It has been shown that the latter is O-β-D-galactopyranosyl-(1 → 3)-O-α-D-galactopyranosyl-(1 → 3)-O-α-D-galactopyranosyl-(1 → 3)-O-α-D-galactopyranosyl-(1 → 1)-α-D-glucopyranoside.
KeywordsOligosaccharide Paper Chromatography Methyl Iodide Methyl Ether Triterpene Glycoside
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Bukharov and S. P. Shcherbak, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds],5, 389, 1969.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Fischer and L. Beenseh, Ber.,27, 2480, 1894.Google Scholar
- 4.I. P. Kovalev and V. I. Litvinenko, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds],4, 233, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.G. N. Zaitseva and T. P. Afanas'eva, Biokhim.,22, no. 6, 1035, 1957.Google Scholar
- 6.Percival and Somerville, Soc., 1615, 1931.Google Scholar
- 7.Irvine and Cameron, Soc.,85, 1071, 1904.Google Scholar