Sesquiterpene lactones from Artemisia caucasica
- 32 Downloads
1. Two sesquiterpene lactones have been isolated from the epigeal green part ofArtemisia caucasica Willd.: one with the composition C15H18O5·H2O, which has been called grossmisin, and one with the composition C15H18O5, identified as rutifolin. Structure (I) has been proposed for grossmisin.
2. The structure of anhydroaustricin has been reviewed. Structure (II) is proposed for it.
KeywordsLactone Acetic Anhydride Colorless Crystal Sesquiterpene Lactone Lactone Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. S. Rybalko and P. S. Massagetov, Med. Prom. SSSR,1961, No. 11, 25.Google Scholar
- 3.K. S. Rybalko, N. N. Ban'kovskaya, and R. I. Evstratova, Med. Prom. SSSR,1962, No. 3, 13.Google Scholar
- 4.Tr. VILAR [Proceedings of the All-Union Scientific-Research Institute for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants],15, 203 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.E. H. White and R. E. K. Winter, Tetrahedron Lett.,1963, No. 3, 137.Google Scholar
- 9.K. S. Rybalko, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,33, No. 8, 2734 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.I. Evstratova and P. V. Chugunov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin.,5, 445 (1969).Google Scholar