A study of the phospholipids of kenaf
- 23 Downloads
The fatty-acid composition of the combined phospholipids and also of the main and two minor components of the phospholipids have been studied. On the basis of the results of acid hydrolysis and also IR spectroscopy, the glycerophospholipid structure of the main components of the total material has been confirmed. These main components have been subjected to enzymatic hydrolysis: the position distribution of the fatty acids have been determined and, from these, the possible diglyceride compositions of the phosphatidylcholines, phosphatidylethanolamines, and phosphatidylinositols have been calculated. It has been shown that the phospholipids are accompanied by 35–40% of carbohydrates which have been characterized qualitatively as disaccharides.
KeywordsSnake Venom Total Phospholipid Position Distribution Barium Carbonate Ethylene Succinate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Tolibaev, Kh. S. Mukhamedova, and S. T. Akramov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 799 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.Handbook of Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Vol. 1, Leningrad (1967), Book 1.Google Scholar
- 7.A. L. Markman, T. V. Chernenko, and A. U. Umarov, Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol., No. 5, 616 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Shustanova, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 137 (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.I. M. Hais and K. Macek, Paper Chromatography, third ed., Academic Press, New York (1963).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Burchfield and E. Storrs, Biochemical Applications of Gas Chromatography, Academic Press, New York (1962).Google Scholar