Synthesis and biological activity of methyl derivatives of dl-19-nor-D-homotestosterone
The synthesis of racemates of the 2α-methyl, 4-methyl, 17α-methyl, and 2α, 17α-dimethyl derivatives of 19-nor-D-homotestosterone has been described. Biological tests have shown that the introduction of a CH3 group into positions 2α and 17α totally suppresses both androgenic and anabolic activity. The introduction of a CH3 group into position 4 leads to a divergence of the anabolic and androgenic effects.
KeywordsMethyl Iodide Methyl Ether Sodium Hydride Androgenic Activity Raney Nickel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Rzheznikov, S. N. Ananchenko, and I. V. Torgov, Izv. AN SSSR, OKhN, 465, 1962; KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds], 7, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.T. I. Kornilova and G. L. Zhdanov, DAN SSSR, 145, 5, 1962.Google Scholar
- 6.D. N. Kirk and V. Petrov, J. Chem. Soc., 1091, 1962.Google Scholar
- 7.S. L. Portnova, V. M. Rzheznikov, S. N. Ananchenko, I. V. Torgov, and Yu. N. Sheinker, DAN SSSR, OKhN, 166, 125, 1966.Google Scholar
- 10.S. N. Ananchenko, V. N. Leonov, A. V. Platonova, and I. V. Torgov, DAN SSSR, 135, 73, 1960.Google Scholar