Gibberellins and substances related to them
- 31 Downloads
1. By means of preparative paper chromatography, an isomer of gibberelin A3, the 1,3-lactone of 2β, 3α, 7α-trihydroxy-1β-methyl-8-methylene-Δ4-gibbene-1α, 10β-dicarboxylic acid(II) has been isolated from the culture liquid ofFusarium moniliforme grown in a medium containing sunflower oil and ammonium nitrate.
2. The formation of this product under fermentation conditions takes place hydrolytically by a nonenzymatic mechanism.
3. A study of the physiological activity of the 1,3-lactone (II) has shown that the change in the position of the lactone cycle in ring A leads to a considerable decrease of the growth activity of this substance with respect to dwarf pea and lettuce, while it is retained with respect to cucumbers (as compared with the activity of gibberellin A3).
KeywordsMethyl Ester Gibberellin Culture Liquid Gibberellic Acid Paper Chromatography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. E. Cross, J. F. Grove, and A. Morrison, J. Chem. Soc., 2498, 1961.Google Scholar
- 2.T. P. C. Mulholland, Brit. Pat. no. 919 205, 20 Feb., 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.E. P. Serebryakov, et al., KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds], 55, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.G. S. Muromtsev, et al., Fiziologiya rastenii, 11, 506, 1964.Google Scholar