The structure of thalmine
1. On the basis of the isolation of 2-methoxy-1-1′-diphenyloxide-4′,5-dicarboxylic acid (I) it has been established that thalmidine and thalmine are bis-benzylisoquinoline bases.
2. By the preparation of (+)-N-methylisococlaurine and (+)-O-methylarmepavine it has been shown that thalmidine is identical with O-methylthalicberine.
3. The nature of the degradation products isolated shows that thalmine has the LL configuration.
4. Since the diaminodialdehydes obtained by the ozonolysis of the des-bases of O-methylthalmine, O-methyloxyacanthine, and hernandezine are not identical, structure (VII) (taking the degradation products into account) is proposed for thalmine.
KeywordsMethyl Iodide Methoxyl Group Potassium Permanganate Liquid Ammonia Monoethanolamine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Yu. Yunusov and M. V. Telezhenetskaya, DAN UzSSR, no. 5, 22, 1963.Google Scholar
- 3.U. Inubushi and K. Nomura, Tetrah. Let., no. 24, 1133, 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Yu. Yunusov, R. A. Konovalova, and A. P. Orekhov, ZhOKh, 10, 641, 1940.Google Scholar
- 5.N. F. Proskurnina and A. P. Orekhov, ZhOKh, 10, 707, 1940.Google Scholar
- 6.M. V. Telezhenetskaya and S. Yu. Yunusov, DAN SSSR, 162, 354, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Kh. Maekh and S. Yu. Yunusov, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds], 188, 1965.Google Scholar