Isolation of the phospholipids of the cotton plant and their composition
- 20 Downloads
The yields of the free and bound lipids of the seed kernels of cotton plants of varieties S-4727 and S-6029 have been determined by their successive treatment with selective solvent, and the total and fractional proportions of lipid phosphorus have been found.
The phospholipids have been solated and their group composition has been determined; it has been established that the main components are phosphatidylcholines, phosphatidylinositols, and phosphatidylethanolamines, while polyglycerophosphatides, lysophosphatidylcholines, and unidentified polar phospholipid are present in small amounts.
The fatty-acid compositions of the free and bound lipids and phospholipids have been studied.
KeywordsGlyceride Gossypol Cotton Plant Seed Kernel Lipid Phosphorus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Lishkevich, Masloboino-Zhirovoe Delo, No. 4, 20 (1937).Google Scholar
- 2.Kh. S. Mukhamedova and S. T. Akramov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 663 (1972)Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. El-Nockrashy and Y. El-Shattory, Rev. Franc. Corpus Grass,19, 13 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Zhukov and A. G. Vereshchagin, Second Biochemical Congress. Abstracts of Section X: The Chemistry and Metabolism of Lipids [in Russian], Tashkent (1968), p. 30.Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Shustanova, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 292 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Monitoring, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Leningrad, Vol. 1, Book I, p. 316; Book II, (1967) p. 847; V. E. Voskovsky and E. V. Kostetcky, J. Lipid Res.,9, 396 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Karrer, Organic Chemistry, 4th English Ed., Elsevier, Amsterdam (1950).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Sh. Isamukhamedov, Kh. S. Mukhamedova, L. A. Shustanova, and S. T. Akramov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 653 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Rzhekhin, N. I. Pogonkina, and I. A. Solov'eva, Maslob.-Zhir. Prom., No. 12, 11 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.L. A. Shustanov, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 3 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.K. Sh. Kadyrov, T. V. Chernenko, and A. U. Umarov, Maslob.-Zhir, Prom., No. 11, 15 (1971)Google Scholar
- 14.Preparative Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad (1964), p. 155.Google Scholar
- 15.É. V. Dyatlovitskaya, T. I. Torkhovskaya, and L. D. Bergel'son, Biokhimiya,34, 177 (1969).Google Scholar
- 16.D. Tevekelov, Izv. na Instituta po Khranen., Bolg. Akad. Nauk,7, 21 (1968).Google Scholar