Inhibition of transport (Na+, K+)-ATPase by cardenolides of the strophanthidin group and a study of the structure-activity relationship
- 23 Downloads
A comparative study of the inhibiting action on transport (Na+,K+)-ATPase of 15 derivatives of strophanthidin and four rhamnosides of other aglycones have been made on the microsomal fraction of the cells of the rat cerebral cortex.
It has been shown that the method of determining the activity of cardiotonic substances by determining the lethal dose and the enzyme test give completely comparable results. Both biological methods objectively reflect the characteristic features of the chemical structure of the cardenolides.
KeywordsCardiac Glycoside Cardenolides Enzyme Test Inotropic Action Transport ATPase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. Z. Meerson, M. G. Pshennikova, L. A. Pogosyan, V. I. Maslyuk, and N. V. Klykov, The Mechanism of the Cardiotonic Action of Cardiac Glycosides [in Russian], Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.H. I. Portius and K. Repke, Arzneimittel-Forsch.,14, 1073 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Fieser and M. Fieser, Steroids, Reinhold, New York (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.N. Sh. Pal'yants and N. K. Abubakirov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 522 (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.C. H. Fiske and Y. Subbarow, J. Biol. Chem.,66, 375 (1925).Google Scholar
- 13.O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, and R. I. Randall, J. Biol. Chem.,193, 265 (1951).Google Scholar