Structure of the sesquiterpene lactone tanacin
1. A new sesquiterpene lactone which has been called tanacin has been isolated from the leaves ofTanacetum pseudoachillea C. Winkl.
2. On the basis of an interpretation of the PMR spectrum of (I) using the method of multifrequency resonance, the structure of 6-angeloyloxy-1,10-epoxygermacr-4,11(13)-dien-8,12-olide has been established for tanacin.
3. The chemical conversion of tanacin into chrysanin has been performed, which confirms the structure found.
KeywordsLactone Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectrum Sesquiterpene Lactone Olefinic Proton Sodium Bicarbonate Solution
- 1.A. I. Yunusov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 276 (1973); 262 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.M. N. Mukhametzhanov, V. I. Sheichenko, A. I. Ban'kovskii, K. S. Rybalko, and K. I. Boryaev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 56 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.I. S. Akhmedov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 691 (1970).Google Scholar