Oxymercuration-demercuration of car-3-ene
- 39 Downloads
The composition of the products of the oxymercuration-demercuration reaction of car-3-ene according to the degree of its transformation has been studied. It has been established that this reaction forms trans-caran-3-ol, α-terpineol, m-menth-6-en-8-ol, 3,4-epoxy-trans-carane, p- and m-1, 8-cineoles, p- and m-1,8-terpins, and terpene esters. It has been shown that the double bond of car-3-ene possesses a higher reactivity than the cyclopropane ring, and the opening of the latter takes place equally at both external bonds.
KeywordsCineole Turpentine Cyclopropane Ring Main Reaction Product Terpineol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Arbuzov, V. V. Ratner, Z. G. Isaeva, and É.Kh. Kazakova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 385 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Simonsen, The Terpenes, Cambridge University Press, Vol. 2 (1949), p. 65; L. Borowiecki, Rocz. Chem.,39, No. 39, 257 (1965); I. I. Bardyshev, Zh. F. Loiko, L. V. Sionskaya, and R. G. Shlyashinskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk BelorussSSR,10, 873 (1966); B. A. Arbuzov, V. V. Ratner, and Z. G. Isaeva, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 45 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Silverstein, G. Bassler, and T. Morrill, Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, 2nd ed., Wiley, New York (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.B. A. Arbuzov, Z. G. Isaeva, and I. B. Nemirovskaya, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1410 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.I. I. Bardyshev and I. V. Gorbacheva, in; Synthetic Products from Rosin and Turpentine [in Russian], Gorkii (1970), p. 190.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Lombard and G. Ambroise, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., No. 2, 230 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.J. M. Coxon, M. P. Hartshorn, J. W. Mitchel, and K. E. Richards, Chem. Ind. (London), 652 (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Goryaev and I. Pliva, Methods of Investigating Essential Oils [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1962), p. 301.Google Scholar
- 11.W. Cocker, P. Shannon, and P. Staniland, J. Chem. Soc., C, No. 1, 41 (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.Y.-R. Naves, Helv. Chim. Acta,31, No. 44, 48 (1948); V. Paolini, Gazz. Chim. Ital.,55, 810 (1925).Google Scholar