Quinoid pigments of far eastern representatives of the family Boraginaceae
- 58 Downloads
From nine species of plants of the family Boraginaceae we have isolated and identified 11 compounds, nine of which have proved to be previously known naphthoquinones — derivatives of shikonin. The structure of the previously unknown δ-lactone of 5-(5′,8′-dihydroxy-1′,4′-naphthoquinon-2′-yl)-t-hydroxy-2-methylpent -2-enoic acid has been established. The qualitative and quantitative compositions of the pigments of the species studied and of groups of plants of the Boraginaceae family have been determined.
KeywordsNaphthoquinones Shikonin Naphthazarin Enoic Acid High Relative Amount
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. E. Krivoshchekova, S. A. Fedoreev, V. A. Denisenko, O. B. Maksimov, and P. G. Gorovoi, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 726 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.I. Morimoto, T. Kishi, S. Ikegami, and Y. Hirata, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 52, 4737 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.I. Morimoto and Y. Hirata, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 31, 3677 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.O. E. Krivoshchekova, S. A. Fedoreev, V. A. Denisenko, and O. B. Maksimov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 702 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Denisenko, S. A. Fedoreev, and N. P. Mishchenko, Dep. VINITI, No. 2544-79. Dep. (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.A. C. Jain and S. K. Mathur, Bull. Natl. Inst. Sci. India, No. 28, 52 (1965).Google Scholar