Pseudocyclobuxin-D from Buxus sempervirens
- 29 Downloads
1. A new alkaloid, pseudocyclobuxin-D, has been isolated from the leaves and fine flowers ofBuxus sempervirens. The results of a comparison of the physicochemical properties of pseudocyclobuxin-D and its derivatives with cyclobuxin-D and its derivatives has shown that the alkaloid isolated is an isomer of cyclobuxin-D and has the structure of 14α-methyl-3α,20α-di(methylamino)-4-methylene-9β,19-cyclo-5α-pregnan-16α-ol.
KeywordsAlkaloid Acetic Anhydride Methylamino Sodium Carbonate Solution Fine Flower
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. U. Khodzhaev, R. Shakirov, and S. Yu. Yunusov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 542 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.K. S. Brown and S. M. Kupchan, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,86, 20, 4114 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Tomko, Z. Voticky, V. Paulik, A. Vassova, and O. Bauerova, Chemicke Zvesti,18, 721 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Vetter, P. Longevialle, M. F. Khuong-Huu-Laine, Qui Khuong-Huu, and R. Qoutarel, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 1324 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Nakano, S. Terao, Y. Saeki, and K. D. Jin, J. Chem. Soc. (C), 1805 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Tomita, S. Uyeo, Jr., and T. Kikuchi, Tetrahedron Lett., 1641 (1964).Google Scholar