Chromatographic separation of the isomers formed in the low-temperature hydrogenation of cottonseed oil in solvents
- 16 Downloads
The separation of the isomers formed in the low-temperature hydrogenation of cottonseed oil in solvents has been performed by thin-layer chromatography.
The primary hydrogenation of the Δ12 double bond in linoleic acid radicals has been shown.
The migration of a double bond takes place mainly by one methylene group to the left or to the right of the original position.
KeywordsDicarboxylic Acid Glutaric Acid Monocarboxylic Acid Dienoic Acid Octadecadienoic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.B. N. Tyutyunnikov, The Chemistry of Fats [in Russian], Moscow (1966), p. 543.Google Scholar
- 6.O. A. Reutov, Theoretical Principles of Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1964), p. 105.Google Scholar
- 7.T. P. Hilditch, J. Soc. Chem. Ind.,44, No. 43, 189 (1925).Google Scholar
- 8.D. V. Sokol'skii, Hydrogenation in Solutions [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1967), p. 161.Google Scholar
- 11.G. A. Preobrazhenskaya, S. G. Yunusova, A. I. Glushenkova, and A. L. Markman, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 694 (1971).Google Scholar
- 12.É. V. Dyatlovitskaya, V. V. Voronkova, and L. D. Bergel'son, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1960 (1965).Google Scholar