Isolation of ribosomes from cotton seeds
- 21 Downloads
1. It has been established that the method of precipitation with ethanol in the presence of an increased concentration of Mg2+ can be used for the rapid isolation of the ribosome fraction from plant material.
2. The optimum conditions for the complete precipitation of the ribosome fraction from a homogenate of cotton seeds have been selected.
3. By treating an extract of the seeds with 0.5 M KCl it was possible to reduce the amount of tRNA in a preparation of the total rRNA.
KeywordsRazor Blade Cotton Seed Ammonium Persulfate Leucite Rapid Isolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. G. Hamilton and M. L. Peterman, J. Biol. Chem.,234, 1141 (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Spirin, Biokhimiya,23 656 (1958).Google Scholar
- 9.O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, and R. J. Randall, J. Biol. Chem.,193, 265 (1951).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Maurer, Disk-Elektrophorese, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin (1968).Google Scholar