The protopectin of the leaves and petioles of Sosnovskii's cowparsnip and heartleaf colewort
- 16 Downloads
1. The protopectins of the petioles and leaves of Sosnovskii's cowparsnip and heartleaf colewort have been studied. It has been shown that the protopectins of wild-growing herbs are similar to the pectins of fruit and vegetables.
2. The heterogeneity of the pectins isolated has been shown by the fractionation method. Two main fractions were obtained — neutral (weakly acidic) and acidic.
KeywordsPectin Carbazole Galacturonic Acid Ammonium Oxalate Hydrogen Phthalate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. P. Tishchenko and E. V. Sapozhnikova, Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol.,8, No. 5, 586 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Ovodov and T. F. Solov'eva, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., No. 5, 299 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.V. S. Asatiani, Methods of Biochemical Investigations [in Russian], Moscow (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Arasimovich, S. V. Baltaga, and N. P. Ponomareva, Methods of Analyzing Pectin Substances, Hemicelluloses, and Pectolytic Enzymes in Fruit [in Russian], Kishinev (1970).Google Scholar