Alkaloids ofHaplophyllum foliosum. II.
- 19 Downloads
In addition to the alkaloids known previously from this plant, haplofoline and folifine, from the epigeal part ofHaplophyllum foliosum we have isolated norgraveoline with mp 288–289°C (decomp. from acetone), and myrtopsine with mp 201–202°C (from chloroform), [α]D-5° (c 0.05; methanol), which were first obtained fromHaplophyllum dubium andMyrtopsis sellingii, respectively. We have confirmed by the PMR-spectroscopic method the positions of the substituents in the dihydrofuran ring of myrtopsine suggested previously on the basis of biogenetic considerations. In addition, it has been established that the substituents are present in the trans form. This is the first time that myrtopsine has been detected in plants of the genusHaplophyllum.
KeywordsAlkaloid Hydroxy Group Epigeal Part Dihydrofuran Deuterochloroform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Akhmedzhanova, I. A. Bessonova, and S. Yu. Yunusov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 803 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.D. M. Razakova, I. A. Bessonova, and S. Yu. Yunusov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 810 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Bessonova and S. Yu. Yunusov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 303 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.M. F. Grundon, D. M. Harrison, and C. G. Spyropoulos, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun., 51 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.N. S. Bhacca and D. Williams, Applications of NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry, Holden-Day, San Francisco (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.Sh. Faizutdinova, I. A. Bessonova, and S. Yu. Yunusov, Khimiya Prirodn. Soedin., 257 (1967); I. M. Fakhrutdinova, G. P. Sidyakin, and S. Yu. Yunusov, Uzb. Khim. Zh., No. 4, 41 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.D. M. Razakova, I. A. Bessonova, and S. Yu. Yunusov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 682 (1976).Google Scholar