Conformational states of quaternary salts of pachycarpine and aphylline
- 22 Downloads
The interactions of pachycarpine and aphylline with some alkyl halides have been studied. On the basis of chemical reactions and of PMR, IR, and mass spectrometry it has been established that the main products of the reaction of pachycarpine with methylene iodide and chloride have the A/B-trans and C/D-cis configuration with methano bridges between N1 and N16. It has been found with the aid of PMR and IR spectra that pachycarpine and aphylline methiodides have the ring configuration A/B-trans and C/D-cis.
KeywordsConformational State Methyl Iodide Alkyl Halide Sparteine Quaternary Salt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Boit, Ergebnisse der Alkaloid-Chemie bis 1960, Akademie Verlag, Berlin (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Orekhov, The Chemistry of Alkaloids of Plants of the USSR [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Skolik, M. Wievierowski, and K. Jedrzcjezak, Fourth International Symposium on the Biochemistry and Physiology of the Alkaloids, Halle, June, 1969, Berlin (1972), p. 469.Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Sadykov [Sadykow], F. G. Kamayev, V. A. Korenevsky, V. B. Leont'ev, and Yu. A. Ustynyuk, Org. Magn. Reson.,4, (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Kuznetsov, P. F. Yakushev, and B. V. Leont'ev, Zh. Org. Khim.,4, 841 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.H. S. Aaron, Chem. Ind. (London),24, 1338 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.T. K. Yunusov, A. I. Ishbaev, V. B. Leont'ev, and A. S. Sadykov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 49 (1971).Google Scholar
- 12.A. I. Begisheva, Kh. A. Aslanov, Z. U. Petrochenko, and A. S. Sadykov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 55 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.T. M. Moynehan, K. Schofield, R. A. V. Janes, A. R. Katritzky, J. Chem. Soc., 2637 (1962).Google Scholar
- 14.A. N. Nizamkhodzhaeva, Kh. A. Aslanov, S. Z. Mukhamedzhanov, and A. I. Ishbaev, Uzb. Khim. Zh., Dep. No. 1368–75.Google Scholar