Seed oil ofArtemisia absinthium
- 28 Downloads
The oil of the seeds ofArtemisia absinthium has yielded 95.5% of glycerides. Of these, 59.5% consists of unoxidized and 32.0% of oxidized triglycerides, 1.3% of diglycerides, and 2.7% of monoglycerides. The remaining 4.5% of the oil is made up of hydrocarbons, sterols, sterol acetates, and free fatty acids. The oxy acid content has been calculated from the results obtained (∼12% of the total fatty acids of the oil) and this figure is close to that for the oxy acid content found from the neutralization number of the mixture of fatty acids of the oil (∼11%).
KeywordsMethyl Ester Fatty Acid Methyl Ester Diglyceride Hydroxy Acid Ethylenic Bond
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. J. Morris and R. T. Holman, J. Lipid Res.,2, No. 1, 77 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.N. T. Ul'chenko, É. I. Gigienova, and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 701 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.N. T. Ul'chanko, É. I. Gigienova, and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 584 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.N. T. Ul'chenko, É. I. Gigienova, and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 705 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.É. I. Gigienova, N. T. Ul'chenko, and A. U. Umarov, Maslo-Zhir. Prom., No. 11, 12 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.N. T. Ul'chenko, É. I. Gigienova, K. L. Seitanidi, and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 699 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Vol. 1, Book 2 (1967), p. 861.Google Scholar