Pectin substances ofChara aculeolata
- 33 Downloads
The carbohydrate complex of the Chara algaChara aculeolata Kütz includes an acid polysaccharide similar to the pectin substances of higher plants. It is based on a fragment constructed of α-1→4 bound residues of D-galacturonic acid in the pyranose form. The pectin is characterized by a high homogeneity, a considerable content of D-galacturonic acid, and a low degree of acidification of the carboxy groups.
KeywordsPectin Ammonium Oxalate Pectin Substance Galacturonan Epoxy Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. K. Cherno, M. S. Dudkin, and I. V. Areshidze, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 698 (1976) [in this issue].Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Ovodov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 300 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Konovalenko and O. D. Kurilenko, Ukr. Khim. Zh.,21, 151 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.R. G. Ovodova, Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Vladivostok (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Hakomori, J. Biochem. (Tokyo),55, 205 (1964).Google Scholar