The question of the formation of isomeric fatty acids in the low-temperature hydrogenation of cottonseed oil in solvents
- 16 Downloads
The hydrogenation of cottonseed oil in hexane and ethanol is accompanied by geometrical and positional isomerizations in the fatty-acid radicals.
KeywordsDicarboxylic Acid Palladium Catalyst Hydrogenation Process Isomeric Fatty Acid Trans Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. V. Sokol'skii, Hydrogenation in Solutions [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1967), p. 406.Google Scholar
- 2.D. V. Sokol'skii, L. S. Melekhina, and L. I. Perunova, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,30, 1799 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.A. L. Markman, Uzb. Khim. Zh.,1963, No. 6, 45; Tr. VNIIZha, Leningrad, No. 25, 333 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.T. P. Hilditch, J. Soc. Chem. Ind.,44, 43, 189 (1925).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Lebedev and A. I. Yakubchik, Zh. Russ. Fiz.-Khim. Obshchestva,45, 1373 (1913);59, 981 (1927).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Burchfield and E. Storrs, Biochemical Applications of Gas Chromatography, Academic Press, New York (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Glushenkova and A. L. Markman, Maslob.-Zhir. Prom.,1970, No. 6.Google Scholar
© Consultants Bureau, a division of Plenum Publishing Corporation 1974