Triterpene glycosides of Gleditschia triacanthos V. Structure of triacanthoside C and the minor glycosides
The complete structure of the triterpene glycoside triacanthoside C (I) isolated from the pericarps of the honeylocust,Gleditschia triacanthos L. (family Leguminosae) has been established as a hexaoside of oleanolic acid.
From the green pods of the honeylocust, in addition to the ten triacanthosides described previously, oleanolic and echinocystic acids have been isolated, and also five other triterpene glycosides-gleditschosides A, B, C, D, and E. Gleditschoside A, C36H58O8, is oleanolic acid β-D-glucopyranoside (VII), gleditschoside B, C36H58O9 is echinocystic acid β-D-glucopyranoside (VIII), gleditschoside C, C41H66O12, is oleanolic acid 3-O-[α-L-arabinopyranosyl-(1→3)-O-β-D-glucopyranoside] (V), gleditschoside E, C41H66O13, is echinocystic acid 3-O-[α-L-arabinopyranosyl-(1→3)-O-β-D-glucopyranoside] (VI), and gleditschoside D, C46H74O16, is oleanolic acid 3-O-[β-D-xylopyranosyl-(1→4)-O-α-L-arabopyranosyl-(1→3)-O-β-D-glucopyranoside]. Gleditschosides A, B, C, D, and E have also been detected in the leaves of the plant.
KeywordsGlycoside Oleanolic Acid Methyl Ethyl Ketone Triterpene Glycoside Butanolic Extract
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. A. Badalbaeva, E. S. Kondratenko, L. G. Mzhel'skaya, and N. K. Abubakirov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 741 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.T. A. Badalbaeva, E. S. Kondratenko, and N. K. Abubakirov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 314 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.L. G. Mzhel'skaya and N. K. Abubakirov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 153, 216 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Bukharov and V. V. Karlin, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 211, 372, 373 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.L. P. Vecherko, É. P. Zinkevich, N. I. Libizov, and A. I. Ban'kovskii, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 533 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.N. K. Kochetkov, A. Ya. Khorlin, V. E. Vas'kovskii, and V. E. Zhvirblis, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,31, 658 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Ya. Khorlin and A. G. Ven'yaminova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1447 (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Ya. Khorlin and V. M. Ivanova, Aptechnoe Delo, No. 6, 31 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Ya. Khorlin and V. M. Ivanova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 307 (1965).Google Scholar
- 12.N. K. Kochetkov, A. Ya. Khorlin, and V. I. Snyatkova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2028 (1964).Google Scholar
- 13.S. Hakomori, J. Biochem. (Tokyo),55, 205 (1964).Google Scholar