Determination of the position of the acyl groups and the nature of some amino alcohols in native ester alkaloids of the genusVeratrum
- 16 Downloads
1. On the basis of literature data on the structure of theVeratrum alkaloids, a definite law for the arrangement of the acyl radicals in these ester alkaloids and an interrelationship between the melting point and the structure of the substituent in the C7 position, and between the melting point and the types of amino alcohols upon which the ester alkaloids are based, has been found.
2. The features mentioned may be used in studying the structure of theVeratrum ester alkaloids according to a scheme which we propose.
KeywordsAlkaloid Amino Alcohol Acyl Radical Alcoholic Hydroxyl Methylbutyric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. Jeger and V. Prelog, in: R. H. T. Manske, ed., Steroid Alkaloids,Veratrum Group. “The Alkaloids,” Chemistry and Physiology, 7, Academic Press, 363, 1960.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Poethke, Die Alkaloide vonVeratrum album L., Habilitationsrift, Leipzig, 58, 1937.Google Scholar
- 18.L. Fieser and M. Fieser, Steroids [Russian translation], Moscow, 915, 1964.Google Scholar
- 20.H. B. Henbest and B. J. Lovell, Chemistry and Industry,21, 278, 1956.Google Scholar
- 21.N. V. Bondarenko, ZhOKh,37, 332, 1967; Ya. V. Rashkes, ZhAKh, 20, 238, 1965; C. Paeck and M. Tracy, Moderne Methoden der Pflanzenanalyse [Russian translation], Moscow, 1960.Google Scholar