Structure of isobadkhysin. The stereochemistry of badkhysin and isobadkhysin
- 22 Downloads
1. By chromatography of the total lactones obtained from the sodium carbonate treatment of the resin of the roots ofFerula oopoda (Boiss. et Buhse) Boiss. we isolated a previously unstudied sesquiterpene lactone C20H24O5, mp 189–190° C, which we called isobadkhysin.
2. It has been shown that isobadkhysin is a stereoisomer of badkhysin and is formed during the treatment of the resin with sodium carbonate.
3. The stereochemical characteristics of badkhysin and isobadkhysin have been established on the basis of their NMR spectra.
KeywordsLactone Ester Group Sodium Carbonate Sesquiterpene Lactone Olefinic Proton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.J. Bermejo Barrer, J. L. Breton Funes, and A. Gonzalez Gonzalez, J. Chem. Soc., C, 1298, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Kir'yalov and S. V. Serkerov, ZhOKh,34, 2813, 1964.Google Scholar
- 7.N. P. Kir'yalov and S. V. Serkerov, ZhOKh, collection: Synthesis of Natural Compounds, their Analogues and Fragments [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad, 70, 1965.Google Scholar