Refinement of the structure of asperumine
- 35 Downloads
1. Asperumine has been isolated from the combined alkaloids ofSymphytum caucasicum.
2. The hydrolysis and hydrogenolysis of asperumine has given heliotridine, acetone, and angelic and asperuminic acids.
3. The structure of asperumine has been refined on the basis of the products of hydrolysis and hydrogenolysis and also of features of the mass and NMR spectra.
4. It has been established that asperumine is an isomer of heliosupine in the 2,3,4-trihydroxy-2-methylpentane-3-carboxylic acid moiety.
KeywordsPicrate Pyrrolizidine Alkaloid Zinc Dust Platinum Oxide Brucine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Man'ko, Z. V. Mel'kumova, and V. F. Malysheva, Rast. Res.,8, No. 4, 538 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Pedersen and E. Larsen, Organic Mass Spectroscopy (1970), p. 249.Google Scholar
- 3.I. V. Man'ko and B. K. Kotovskii, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,40, 2519 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Denisova, G. P. Men'shikov, and L. M. Utkin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,93, 59 (1953).Google Scholar