- 36 Downloads
1. A method is proposed for obtaining O-aminoacyldextrans by the acylation of dextran with imidazolides of N-protonated amino acids and peptides in aqueous organic and anhydrous media.
2. On the basis of the results of a determination of total nitrogen by the Kjehldahl method, the titration of the protonated terminal amino groups, amino-acid analysis, and the IR spectra of the products of aminoacylation, it has been established that not only single amino acids but also poly(amino acid) chains add to dextran.
3. Derivatives of dextran with glycine, L-phenylalanine, L-leucine, L-histidine, ω-aminoenanthic acid, and L-alanyl-L-histidine have been obtained.
KeywordsDextran DMFA Anhydroglucose Unit Imidazole Buffer Protonated Amino Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. K. Kochetkov, A. A. Khachatur'yan, A. E. Vasil'ev, and G. Ya. Rozenberg, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 427 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.A. E. Vasil'ev, A. A. Khachatur'yan, and G. Ya. Rozenberg, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 698 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.A. E. Vasil'ev, A. B. Livshits, G. Ya. Rozenberg, and N. K. Kochetkov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 535 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Kraevskii, N. B. Tarusova, and B. P. Gottikh, VIIth International Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Compounds. Abstracts of Lectures [in Russian], Riga (1970), p. 246.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Moore, J. Biol. Chem.,192, 663 (1961).Google Scholar