Polysaccharides of brown algae
- 31 Downloads
1. The gas-liquid chromatography of the monosaccharides in the form of the aldononitrile acetates has permitted the analysis of polysaccharides containing sulfate groups and uronic acid residues.
2. The Smith degradation of natural and of partially desulfated sargassan has been studied by the GLC method. Conclusions concerning the structure of sargassan have been drawn from the results obtained.
KeywordsXylose Monosaccharide Fucose Sulfate Group Calibration Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. S. Ovodov, V. A. Khomenko, and T. F. Guseva, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 285 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Easterwood and B. J. L. Huff, Svensk Paperstidn.,72, 768 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.T. F. Solov'eva, V. A. Khomenko, A. F. Pavlenko, and Yu. S. Ovodov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 396 (1971).Google Scholar