Investigation of the coumarins and furocoumarins ofHippomarathrum caspium (DC.) Grossh.
- 28 Downloads
1. Osthole, oxypeucedanin, heraclenin, and oxypeucedanin hydrate have been isolated from the roots ofHippomarathrum caspium (DC) Grossh. and identified; the presence of traces of isoimperatorin, imperatorin, and umbelliferone has been established chromatographically. A substance with mp 149–150° apparently belonging to the sitosterol group has been obtained.
2. Xanthotoxin has been isolated from the leaves and stems; the presence of a small amount of bergaptene and umbelliferone has been detected chromatographically.
KeywordsPetroleum Ether Paper Chromatography Umbelliferone Imperatorin Bergaptene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Flora of the USSR [in Russian], Moscow, 16, 253, 1950.Google Scholar
- 3.M. E. Perel'son, ZhOKh, 33, 952, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Pigulevskii and G. A. Kuznetsova, ZhOKh, 24, 2174, 1954.Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Kuznetsova and L. M. Sokolova, ZhPKh, 37, 1105, 1964.Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. A. Dranitsyna, S. Sh. Kerimov, and G. V. Pigulevskii, ZhPKh, 38, 1172, 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.B. K. Gupta, et al., Ind. J. Chem. 2, 11, 464, 1964.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Fieser and M. Fieser, Natural Products Related to Phenanthrene [Russian translation], 105, Moscow and Leningrad, 1953.Google Scholar