Structure of the sesquiterpene hydroxyacid fromArtemisia vachanica Krasch
From the leaves and flower heads ofArtemisia vachanica Krasch. we have isolated a new sesquiterpene hydroxyacid of the composition C15H24O3 which has been called vachanic acid and for which structural formula I is proposed as the most probable.
KeywordsPicrate Diazomethane Flower Head Alantolactone Santonin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. S. Rybalko, I. A. Gubanov, and M. I. Vlasov, ZhOKh, 23, 3781, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Ruzicka and E. Eichenberger, Helv. Chim. Acta, 13, 1123, 1930.Google Scholar
- 3.L. Ruzick and J. A. Van Melsen, Helv. Chim. Acta, 14, 403, 1931.Google Scholar
- 4.K. S. Rybalko and L. Dolejš, collection: Czechoslov. Chem. Commun., 26, 2909, 1961.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Sorm, V. Herout, and I. Pliva, Usp. khim., 22, 564, 1953.Google Scholar