Conformational transformations of the alkaloids lupinine and tropine on the formation of their N-oxides
- 19 Downloads
1. It has been shown that in the chemical reactions for obtaining the N-oxides of lupinine and tropine the bicyclic systems of quinolizidine and tropane exhibit a conformational lability due to inversion.
2. On the basis of IR and PMR spectra the structure and conformation of the isomeric N-oxides of lupinine and tropine have been determined.
KeywordsIntramolecular Hydrogen Bond Tropane Tropine Hydroxymethylene Group Quinolizidine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Fodor, J. Toth, and J. Vincze, J. Chem. Soc.,1955, 3504; G. Fodor, and O. Kovacs, J. Chem. Soc.,1953, 724.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Eliel, Stereochemistry of Carbon Compounds, McGraw-Hill (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.T. K. Yunusov, A. I. Ishbaev, V. B. Leont'ev, and A. S. Sadykov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 49 (1971).Google Scholar