Carbohydrases of the snail Eulota maakii
- 21 Downloads
A complex combination of carbohydrase activites has been demonstrated in the digestive tract of the inland snailE. maakii. Gel filtration on biogel P-200 enables partially purified preparations of several glycosides (including those acting on some triterpene and steroid glycosides), two laminarinases, and a pectinase—“zosterinase”—to be obtained.
KeywordsGlycoside Enzymatic Hydrolysis Rutin Rhamnose Betulin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Strigina, Abstracts of Lectures at the V-th Conference on the Chemistry and Biochemistry of Carbohydrates [in Russian], Moscow (1972), p. 139.Google Scholar
- 2.L. I. Strigina and E. V. Kol'chuk, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin, 396 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Uvarova, G. I. Oshitok, V. V. Isakov, A. K. Dzizenko, and G. B. Elyakov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,202, No. 2, 368 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.G. B. Elyakov, N. I. Uvarova, I. V. Dardymov, O. E. Mislitskaya, and L. M. Antonik, Khim. Farmats. Zh.,6, 5 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. P. Black, in: R. L. Whistler (ed.), Methods in Carbohydrate Chemistry, Vol. 5, Academic (1969), p. 159.Google Scholar
- 7.T. E. Nelson, J. Biol. Chem.,153, 375 (1944).Google Scholar