Oligonucleotides and nucleotidopeptides XV. Synthesis and some properties of the methyl ester of uridylyl-(5′→O)-N-benzoyl-L-tyrosine
1. The methyl ester of uridylyl-(5′→O)-N-benzoyl-L-tyrosine has been obtained by the mixed-an-hydride method and by the dicyclohexylcarbodiimide method.
2 The model synthesized is fairlystable both in acid and in alkaline media. Its hydrolysis takes place only under severe conditions (1 h, 100°C). The products of hydrolysis in an acid medium are uridine and uridine 5′-phosphate, and in an alkaline medium only uridine 5′-phosphate.
KeywordsMethyl Ester Glutamine Synthetase Uridine Alkaline Medium Pyrophosphoric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.B. A. Yuodka and S. I. Sasnauskene, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,41, 2108 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.B. A. Yuodka, E. P. Savel'ev, Z. A. Shabarova, and M. A. Prokof'ev, Biokhimiya,33, 907 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.A. J. Kirby and M. Yonas, J. Chem. Soc., (B), 510 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.B. A. Yuodka, I. V. Obruchnikov, V. K. Nedbai, Z. A. Shabarova, and M. A. Prokof'ev, Biokhimiya,34, 647 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.V. P. Skulachev, The Relationship of Oxidation and Phosphorylation in the Respiratory Chain [in Russian], Moscow (1962), p. 153.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Cowgill and A. Pardee, Exper., N.-L., 30 (1957).Google Scholar
- 11.P. Brigl and R. Muller, Ber.,72, 2121 (1939).Google Scholar