Quantitative determination of the acetyl groups in nucleotide acetates
- 23 Downloads
1. A spectrophotometric method for the quantitative determination of the acetyl groups in acetates of mononucleotides by means of the acid hydroxamic complex with Fe2(SO4)3 has been developed. It has been shown that the determination of the concentration of nucleotide material in the solution being analyzed can be carried out directly in the reaction mixture in the first stage of the reaction of the acetate with hydroxylamine (before the formation of the Fe+++ complex).
2. In the case of uridine, cytidine, and adenosine derivatives, the reaction with hydroxylamine takes place quantitatively in 10 min at 20°C, while for the determination of the acetyl groups in the triacetate of guanosine 2'(3')-phosphate the reaction was carried out at 40°C for 3 h.
KeywordsGuanosine Uridine Hydroxylamine Cytidine Alkaline Hydrolysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. S. Tikhomirova-Sidorova, G. E. Ustyuzhanin, A. P. Kavunenko, E. M. Kogan, and E. A. Pyaivinen, “The synthesis, structure, and properties of polymers,” Transactions of the XV Scientific Conference of the Institute of High-Molecular Weight Compounds, AS USSR [in Russian] (1970), p. 201.Google Scholar
- 3.Biochem. Prep.,8, 14.Google Scholar
- 4.D. G. Knorre, N. M. Pustoshilova, N. M. Teplova, and G. G. Shamovskii, Biokhim.,30, 1218 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.N. K. Kochetkov, É. I. Budovskii, and V. D. Domkin, Mol. biol.,1, 558 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.N. K. Kochetkov, É. I. Budovskii, and N. A. Simukova, Biokhim.,27, 519 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.T. V. Venkstern and A. A. Baev, Absorption Spectra of the Minor Components and Some Oligonucleotides of Ribonucleic Acids [in Russian], Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.Missing in Russian original—Publisher.Google Scholar