Anthocyanins of hybrid hibiscuses
- 32 Downloads
Two anthocyanin glycosides have been isolated from the flowers of hybrid hibiscuses (M. Gor'kii, Gladiolus vidnyi, Yu. Gagarin, Alenushka, Kolkhoznitsa, Krasnyi partizan, and Kyzyl Uzbekistan). One of them proved to be a new glycoside, which we have called gossypicyanin, and the second the known glycoside chrysanthemin, this being the first time it has been isolated from the flowers of hybrid hibiscuses.
KeywordsXylose Glycoside Cyanidin Phloroglucinol Protocatechuic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. N. Rusanov, Hybrid Hibiscuses [in Russian], Tashkent (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.Z. B. Rakhimkhanov, A. S. Sadykov, A. I. Ismailov, and A. K. Karimdzhanov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 130 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Sankava Subramanian and N. Swamy Naranaya, Current Sci. (India),33, 112 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.Z. B. Rakhimkhanov, A. S. Sadykov, A. I. Ismailov, and A. K. Karimdzhanov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 723 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.G. I. Zaitseva and T. I. Afanas'eva, Biokhim.,22, No. 6, 1035 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.R. W. Bailey, J. Chrom.,8, 7 (1962).Google Scholar