4-Hydroxy-2-quinolones. 16. Condensation of N-R-substituted amides of 2-carboxymalonanilic acid with o-phenylenediamine
The reaction of N-R-substituted amides of 2-carboxymalonanilic acid with the equimolar amount of o-phenylenediamine was studied under conditions of thermolysis. It was established that the main products of this reaction are the corresponding amides of benzimidazolyl-2-acetic acid and 1H-2-oxo-3-(benzimidazolyl-2)-4-hydroxyquinoline. Mechanisms of the indicated chemical conversions are discussed. The data on the study of the anticonvulsive activity of the compounds synthesized are presented.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Amide Main Product Thermolysis Equimolar Amount
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Ukrainets, S. G. Taran, O. A. Evtifeeva, and A. V. Turov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1101 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Elderfild, Heterocyclic Compounds [Russian translation], Vol. 5, IL, Moscow (1961), p. 220.Google Scholar
- 3.D. S. Kanekar, A. N. Bedekar, and K. D. Deodhar, Indian J. Chem., 18B, 370 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.I. M. Tekry, E. A. A. Momen, A. H. A. Hoda, and E. A. Samir, Tetrahedron, 44, 3757 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.I. V. Ukrainets, P. A. Bezuglyi, V. I. Treskach, and A. V. Turov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 2, 239 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.L. N. Vostrova, T. A. Voronina, T. L. Karaseva, S. A. Gernega, É. I. Ivanov, A. M. Kirichenko, and M. Yu. Totrova, Khim. Farm. Zh., 20, 690 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.M. D. Mashkovskii, Medicinal Agents [in Russian], Vol. 1, Meditsina, Moscow (1988), p. 147.Google Scholar
- 8.P. A. Bezuglyi, B. A. Samura, V. I. Treskach, I. V. Ukrainets, S. V. Shaporenko, and A. I. Maslennikov, Khar'kov State Pharm. Institute (KhGFI), Moscow (1987). Dep. in TsBNTIMedprom., 26.05.87, No. 4-MP.Google Scholar
- 9.P. O. Bezuglyi, I. V. Ukrainets, V. A. Georgiyants, V. I. Treskach, M. G. Sergienko, V. M. Savchenko, and O. V. Turov, Farm. Zh., No. 6, 35 (1990).Google Scholar