The formation of tetrazole and azido oligomers by the reaction of 5-hydrazinotetrazole with formaldehyde in acid media
- 54 Downloads
The reaction of 5-hydrazinotetrazole with formaldehyde in acid media was studied. Copolymers of these compounds are formed at pH ∼ 6.0. In contrast, opening of the tetrazole ring and formation of a previously unknown copolymer of 1,3,4-aza-2-azido-1,4-pentene with formaldehyde occurs at pH ∼3.0. The ratio of nitrogen-containing and oxymethylene units depends on the ratio of the starting reagents and solvent. The existence of terminal hydroxyl groups in the 1,3,4-aza-2-azido-1,4-pentene oligomer was demonstrated by acetylation.
KeywordsFormaldehyde Hydroxyl Organic Chemistry Oligomer Pentene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. D. Overberger, J. P. Anselme, and J. F. Lombardino, Organic Compounds with Nitrogen-Nitrogen Bonds [Russian translation], Khimiya, Leningrad (1970), p. 30.Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Mayants, V. N. Vladimirov, N. M. Razumov, and V. A. Shlyapochnikov, Zh. Org. Khim., 27, 2450 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.A. G. Mayants, V. N. Vladimirov, V. A. Shlyapochnikov, L. M. Tishchenko, S. S. Gordeichuk, and S. V. Mikhailova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 4, 468 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Nakanishi, Infrared Spectra and the Structure of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1965), pp. 34, 207.Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Krivopalov, V. I. Mamatyuk, and V. P. Mamaev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1648 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Elderfield (editor), Heterocyclic Compounds [Russian translation], Vol. 8, Mir, Moscow (1969), p. 54.Google Scholar
- 7.N. I. Avvakumova, L. A. Budarina, S. M. Divgun, A. E. Zaikin, E. V. Kuznetsov, and V. F. Kurenkov, Laboratory Textbook on Polymer Chemistry and Physics [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1990), p. 118.Google Scholar