Total synthesis and properties of prostaglandins. 36. Condensation of (+)2-oxabicyclo[3.3.0]-6-octen-3-one with furylacrolein and furylpropionic aldehyde
- 30 Downloads
A study was made of the condensation of bicyclic γ-lactone I with furylacrolein and furylpropionic aldehyde. Significant differences were observed in the reactivity of the aldols obtained, and in the stereochemical trend of their dehydration reaction.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Aldehyde Dehydration Prostaglandin Aldol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. I. Dikovskaya, T. V. Mazur, I. V. Turovskii, M. P. Gavars, and Ya. F. Freimanis, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 746 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.K. I. Dikovskaya, T. V. Mazur, I. V. Turovskii, M. P. Gavars, and Ya. F. Freimanis, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1621 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Barner, Y. Liu, and M. A. Rahman, Tetrahedron, 45, 6110 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Hirama, T. Noda, S. Takeishi, and S. Ito, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 61, 2645 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.I. Kitagawa, M. Kobayashi, T. Iasuzawa, Byeng Wha Son, M. Ioshihara, and Y. Kyogoku, Tetrahedron, 41, 995 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Iguchi, Y. Yamada, H. Kikuochi, and Y. Tsukitani, Tetrahedron Lett., 24, 4433 (1983).Google Scholar