Nitroazines 18. Arylation and destruction of 6-nitro-1,2,4-triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidines
6-Ntiro-7-aryl-1,2,4-triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidines were synthesized by treatment of the corresponding 7-oxo compounds with phosphorus oxychloride in the presence of N,N-dialkylanilines. The 7-(N-methyl-p-methoxyphenylamino) derivatives were formed under the same conditions with N,N-dimethyl-p-anisidine. The nitroarylazolopyrimidines produced underwent destruction to give ω-nitroacetophenones on treatment with water. The influence of substituenis on the course of the reaction is shown and the mechanism is discussed.
KeywordsPhosphorus Organic Chemistry Pyrimidine Oxychloride Phosphorus Oxychloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. P. Rusinov, A. A. Tumashov, E. O. Sidorov, I. V. Karpin, and O. N. Chupakhin, Zh. Org. Khim., (in press).Google Scholar
- 2.Weigand-Hilgetag. Experimental Methods in Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Khimiya, Moscow (1969), p. 229.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Lippman, U. Hempel, E. Tenor, and E. Thomas, East German Pat. 255 735A1, Ref. Zh. Khim., 6H1232P (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Rusinov, M. N. Kushnir, and O. N. Chupakhin, Abstr. Sixth European Symposium on Organic Chemistry, Belgrade (1989), p. 251.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Lippman, U. Hempel, and E. Tenor, Z. Chem., 170, No. 5 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Koptyug, Arenonium Ions [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Ashwell and R. F. W. Jackson, Synthesis, No. 3, 229 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.V. P. Rusinov and A. N. Chupakhin, Nitroazines [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.J. March. Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1987), Vol. 2, p. 474.Google Scholar