Pseudo-cross-conjugated mesomeric betaines. 1. Synthesis of pseudo-cross-conjugated mesomeric betaines from quinoxaline derivatives
- 56 Downloads
A new method for the synthesis of pseudo-cross-conjugated mesomeric betainic heterocyclic compounds with an angular nitrogen atom has been developed consisting in the reaction of 1,4-dielectrophile — α-carbethoxy-2-(3-chloro)quinoxalylacetonitrile with azoles. Experimental regularities have been studied and a reaction mechanism has been proposed including the stage of formation of an ylide from a quaternary azolium salt. A pseudo-crossconjugated mesomeric betainic heterocyclic compound containing a thiazole ring compound has been synthesized for the first time.
KeywordsNitrogen Organic Chemistry Nitrogen Atom Reaction Mechanism Betaine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. B. Ollis, S. P. Stanforth, and C. Ramsden, Tetrahedron, 41, 2239 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.L. I. Belene'kii, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 749 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Regel and K. H. Buchel, Ann., No. 1, 145 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.K. T. Potts, P. M. Murphy, and W. R. Kuchnling, J. Org. Chem., 53, 2889 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. M. Volovenko, S. V. Litvinenko, I. V. Komarov, A. V. Turov, and F. S. Babichev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Ser. B., No. 9, 34 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. M. Volovenko, S. V. Litvinenko, and F. S. Babichev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Ser. B., No. 9, 32 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.S. V. Litvinenko, Yu. M. Volovenko, and F. S. Babichev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Ser. B., No. 7, 40 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Bekker, Introduction to the Electronic Theory of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. M. Volovenko, A. G. Nezamazanyi, I. G. Ryabokon', and F. S. Babichev, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 54, 295 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.C. G. Overberger, J. C. Salamone, and S. Yaroslavsky, J. Org. Chem., 80, 3580 (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.R. J. Breslow, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 79, 1762 (1957).Google Scholar