Synthesis of amides of 2-arylamino-4,6-dimethylnicotinic acid
- 34 Downloads
The amides of 2-arylamino-4,6-dimethyl-2-chloronicotinic acid have been prepared. It has been shown that on account of steric hindrance on the part of the methyl group on the C(4) atom the conjugation of the amide function with the pyridine ring is broken and its influence on the mobility of the halogen is weakened, and the compound enters into a given reaction with more difficulty than its 6-monomethyl homolog.
KeywordsMethyl Organic Chemistry Amide Pyridine Halogen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Shramm, N. A. Podushkina, V. S. Zalesov, M. E. Konshin, and A. A. Pulin, Dept. in TsBNTI (Central Office of Scientific and Technical Information); Khim.-farm. Prom., No. 61 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.N. I. Shramm and M. E. Konshin, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 114 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Jahine, H. A. Zaher, M. Seada, and M. F. Ishak, Indian J. Chem., 17, No. 2, 134 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.K. S. Raevskii, Toksikol. Farmakol., No. 4, 495 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.U. Burkert and N. L. Allinger, Molecular Mechanics, ACS Monograph No. 177, Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, DC (1982).Google Scholar